Newbie: Please tell me how to prepare Visual Studio 2008 for using pthreads

Newbie: Please tell me how to prepare Visual Studio 2008 for using pthreads

Manjula Weerasinghe
Hi Friends,

I'm totally new to pthreads and do not have much experience in Visual
Studio 2008 ( I only have worked with it for 2-3 months).  So please
tell me how to configure Visual Studio environment for using pthreads
and I would be gratefull to you if you can provide a little example on
using pthreads.
Specially I need to know which files in pthread api should copied to
which folders in my machine to use with VS2008. And what should I do
to create a new project that use pthreads.
Please reply me ASAP. The reason is this is an academic assignment
given for Concurrent Programming subject and I have only four day to
complete it.
Thanks & Regards,
Manjula
--
මංජුල අමරබන්දු වීරසිංහ
==================================
[hidden email]
http://risingofsilversurfer.blogspot.com/

RE: Newbie: Please tell me how to prepare Visual Studio 2008 for using pthreads

chirakara1974
Manjula,

You need to include your sample source ( c/cpp / h) into a new project/solution. U need to then in the linker section and project include lib path provide the path of the pthreads32 lib and dll.

U also need to enable the dependencies section in your linker section. If all these are set then the code compiles well.

Regards,
Kiran

[...]

Infosys e-mail system.