New features required on Cortex-M platform

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New features required on Cortex-M platform

Jerzy Dyrda-2
Hello all,

During developing some application on Cortex-M controller I realized that
is missing some vital components in current version of eCos system
(from my point of view)  i.e :

1) HTTP server - AHTTPD doesn't support lwIP stack what causes that it's useless.
I'm planing to modify it thus any kind of advises are welcome.

2) Small embedded GUI working directly on display. From my side
I propose uGFX -> http://ugfx.org/
License seems to be compatible and due its nature porting on new platform
shouldn't be complicated even for me :)
I'm also planning to add support and again any kind of comments advices or
warnings are expecting.

3) SD bus support. I know that I can use SD card in SPI mode but
on some board like STM32F4DISCOVERY SD card i only available on SD bus.
It's high time to add this miss part of system.

Best regards,
jerzy

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New features required on Cortex-M platform

Ilija Kocho [Илија Кочо]
Jerzy,

On 13.06.2014 17:06, Jerzy Dyrda wrote:

[snip]

> 2) Small embedded GUI working directly on display. From my side
> I propose uGFX -> http://ugfx.org/
> License seems to be compatible and due its nature porting on new platform

I'm afraid it's not compatible with eCos licence. IMO it doesn't even
comply with Open Source Definition http://opensource.org/definition

> shouldn't be complicated even for me :)
> I'm also planning to add support and again any kind of comments advices or
> warnings are expecting.
>
[snip]

Ilija
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New features required on Cortex-M platform

Ilija Kocho [Илија Кочо]
In reply to this post by Jerzy Dyrda-2
Jerzy,

On 13.06.2014 17:06, Jerzy Dyrda wrote:

[snip]

> 2) Small embedded GUI working directly on display. From my side
> I propose uGFX -> http://ugfx.org/
> License seems to be compatible and due its nature porting on new platform

I'm afraid it's not compatible with eCos licence. IMO it doesn't even
comply with Open Source Definition http://opensource.org/definition

> shouldn't be complicated even for me :)
> I'm also planning to add support and again any kind of comments advices or
> warnings are expecting.
>
[snip]

Ilija
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New features required on Cortex-M platform

Jerzy Dyrda-2
Hello Ilija,

2014-06-14 0:52 GMT+02:00 "Ilija Kocho [Илија Кочо]" <[hidden email]>:
> On 13.06.2014 17:06, Jerzy Dyrda wrote:
>> 2) Small embedded GUI working directly on display. From my side
>> I propose uGFX -> http://ugfx.org/
>> License seems to be compatible and due its nature porting on new platform
>
> I'm afraid it's not compatible with eCos licence. IMO it doesn't even
> comply with Open Source Definition http://opensource.org/definition
That's not good. I expected that if they claim that they are somehow compatible
LGPL and even with GPLv3 with similar restriction like in eCos about linking
it will be possible to use library in eCos ( uGFX library can be
linked with ChibiOS/RT
from legal point of view).

Best regards,
jerzy