Modules added prematurely

Daniel Jacobowitz-2
I now get:

cvs server: cannot find module `src/ltsugar.m4' - ignored
cvs server: cannot find module `src/ltversion.m4' - ignored
cvs server: cannot find module `src/ltoptions.m4' - ignored
cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot expand modules

If I'm remembering right, you can't add the new files to modules until
they are at least present in the Attic.  Could you either remove them
for now or add the new files, please?

Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery

Re: Modules added prematurely

Paolo Bonzini
Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> I now get:
>
> cvs server: cannot find module `src/ltsugar.m4' - ignored
> cvs server: cannot find module `src/ltversion.m4' - ignored
> cvs server: cannot find module `src/ltoptions.m4' - ignored
> cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot expand modules
>
> If I'm remembering right, you can't add the new files to modules until
> they are at least present in the Attic.  Could you either remove them
> for now or add the new files, please?

Fixed.  I'm now getting

cvs checkout: warning: src/ltsugar.m4 is not (any longer) pertinent

but this is temporary and anyway there was a preexisting error of this
kind for gettext.m4:

cvs checkout: warning: src/gettext.m4 is not (any longer) pertinent

Paolo

RE: Modules added prematurely

Dave Korn
On 21 May 2007 17:10, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
>> I now get:
>>
>> cvs server: cannot find module `src/ltsugar.m4' - ignored
>> cvs server: cannot find module `src/ltversion.m4' - ignored
>> cvs server: cannot find module `src/ltoptions.m4' - ignored
>> cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot expand modules
>>
>> If I'm remembering right, you can't add the new files to modules until
>> they are at least present in the Attic.  Could you either remove them
>> for now or add the new files, please?
>
> Fixed.  I'm now getting
>
> cvs checkout: warning: src/ltsugar.m4 is not (any longer) pertinent
>
> but this is temporary and anyway there was a preexisting error of this
> kind for gettext.m4:
>
> cvs checkout: warning: src/gettext.m4 is not (any longer) pertinent

  What do you see from "grep m4 src/CVS/Entries"?

    cheers,
      DaveK

Re: Modules added prematurely

Paolo Bonzini

>> cvs checkout: warning: src/gettext.m4 is not (any longer) pertinent
>
>   What do you see from "grep m4 src/CVS/Entries"?

Much more self-explanatory, I get this from "cvs log gettext.m4":

date: 2006/05/31 15:14:34;  author: drow;  state: dead;  lines: +0 -0
Configury changes: update src repository (binutils, gdb, and rda) to use
config/gettext-sister.m4 instead of the old gettext.m4.  Regenerate all
affected autotools files.  Include intl in gdb releases again.

Paolo