Module support (for JavaFX)

Duncan Mak
I'm interested in trying out
https://openjfx.io/openjfx-docs/#install-javafx which seems to depend
on java modules now.

To run the Hello World example, to compile the java source code, this
is the command used:

javac --module-path $PATH_TO_FX --add-modules javafx.controls HelloFX.java

Does Kawa support anything similar if I want to write the same code in
Kawa Scheme instead?

Thanks!

Duncan.

Re: Module support (for JavaFX)

Per Bothner
On 9/18/19 11:48 AM, Duncan Mak wrote:

> I'm interested in trying out
> https://openjfx.io/openjfx-docs/#install-javafx which seems to depend
> on java modules now.
>
> To run the Hello World example, to compile the java source code, this
> is the command used:
>
> javac --module-path $PATH_TO_FX --add-modules javafx.controls HelloFX.java
>
> Does Kawa support anything similar if I want to write the same code in
> Kawa Scheme instead?

See this message https://sourceware.org/ml/kawa/2017-q3/msg00089.html
(and Helmut's response).

Not very elegant, but I hope it will let you try things out.

I'm open to adding the --add-modules flag to the kawa.sh script, assuming
that will make things easier.

--
        --Per Bothner