Minutes of SystemTap Conference Call, Oct 27, 2005
Ananth Mavinakayanahalli ([hidden email] -- Boston)
Jim Keniston ([hidden email] -- Beaverton)
Kevin Stafford ([hidden email] -- Beaverton)
Hien Nguyen ([hidden email] -- Beaverton)
Prasanna Panchamukhi ([hidden email] -- Bangalore)
Elena Zannoni ([hidden email] -- Boston)
Graydon Hoare ([hidden email] -- Vancouver)
Martin Hunt ([hidden email] -- Seattle)
Frank Eigler ([hidden email] -- Toronto)
Will Cohen ([hidden email] -- Raleigh)
Josh Stone ([hidden email] -- Santa Clara)
Anil Keshavamurthy ([hidden email] -- Hillsboro)
Satoshi Oshima ([hidden email])
Actions Required (ARs):
23. Jim, Martin: Ensure that the runtime's stack-trace feature works
appropriately when there are return probes in the call stack.
[Update: Martin is working on this. Jim will prototype an improvement
whereby the saved IP is updated before the handler is called.]
26. Rusty/Brad: Forward email address of Intel test person to Jay
Turner. [Update 10/6/05: Will be done now that Intel has Jay's email
address: [hidden email]]
30. Rusty: Review Will's rendition of Rusty's test that exercises
probes on a wide variety of instruction types.
[Update: As of 7/7/05, Will still needs to hear back from Rusty.]
41. Anil: Post a summary of known djprobes implementation issues.
[Update 10/6/05: Defer at least until djprobes discussion settles
down a bit.]
44. Tom: Automate relayfs tests and post them to mailing list.
[Update: In progress]
53. Anil: Test RCU-based SMP scalability feature on ia64.
[Update: continue testing on 32 way machine and post to ML]
55. Elena: Investigate approaches to making the full SystemTap bug
list available to SystemTap developers outside Red Hat.
57. Martin: Runtime build issues fix or unlink documentation from
73. Prasanna: post user space probes paper to ML
[Update: Will post to ML after 10/11-14/05 conference]
76. Hien: post dumpstack routine that solves kallsyms_lookup PPC issue.
77. Frank: post prototype to do symbol lookup in the translator.
83. Kevin: Post SystemTap documentation, mirror examples on website.
[Update: stap manpages mirrored on site, package requirement list
to come (see #86)]
86. Kevin: Compile list of known SystemTap package requirements to post to
[Update: internal review of list in progress]
89. Hien: Investigate new PPC64 stap symbol resolution mechanism.
90. Prasanna: Complete user-space probes (preferably RCU enhancement
compliant) design/implementation in time for face-2-face.
91. Elena: Investigate solutions to elfutils license situation.
92. Jim: Post F2F agenda to ML.
[DONE: Posted to perftools 10/27/05 & SystemTap list 10/28/05]
93. Anil: Post IA64 SystemTap Runtime patches to ML.
[DONE: Posted 10/28/05]
94. Hien: Post PPC64 SystemTap Runtime paches to ML.
[DONE: Posted 11/01/05]
95. Elena: Continue correspondance with RH legal regarding Elfutils license.
Martin has replaced the Runtime Map API with an improved design. Frank will
alter the translator accordingly to take advantage of the new API when he
gets the time.
Frank and Graydon have been in correspondance about the design of the
statistics feature soon to be incorporated into probe script language.
Graydon will post the model to the mailing list when it is complete.
Masami has implemented an updated IA64 Djprobes patch set and awaits review
at the face-2-face before submitting to LKML.
Many F2F agenda items were discussed.
DES 2 | MS 2M3
Beaverton - OR
Linux Technology Center
IBM Systems & Technology
Email: [hidden email]
Kevin Stafford wrote:
> Masami has implemented an updated IA64 Djprobes patch set and awaits review
> at the face-2-face before submitting to LKML.
I currently have i386 patch only. I will develop and
provide x86_64 patch after i386 patch will be applied
And we need your help to develop IA64 version.
So, please correct it.
2nd Research Dept.
Hitachi, Ltd., Systems Development Laboratory
E-mail: [hidden email]
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|