23. Jim, Martin: Ensure that the runtime's stack-trace feature works
appropriately when there are return probes in the call stack.
[Update: Martin is working on this. Jim will prototype an improvement
whereby the saved IP is updated before the handler is called.]
26. Rusty/Brad: Forward email address of Intel test person to Jay
Turner. [Update 10/6/05: Will be done now that Intel has Jay's email
address: [hidden email]]
30. Rusty: Review Will's rendition of Rusty's test that exercises
probes on a wide variety of instruction types.
[Update: As of 7/7/05, Will still needs to hear back from Rusty.]
41. Anil: Post a summary of known djprobes implementation issues.
[Update 10/6/05: Defer at least until djprobes discussion settles
down a bit.]
44. Tom: Automate relayfs tests and post them to mailing list.
[Update: In progress]
53. Anil: Test RCU-based SMP scalability feature on ia64.
[Update: continue testing on 32 way machine and post to ML]
55. Elena: Investigate approaches to making the full SystemTap bug
list available to SystemTap developers outside Red Hat.
[Update: generally this is found at http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/ This AR will be removed as of next week.]
57. Martin: Runtime build issues fix or unlink documentation from
73. Prasanna: post user space probes paper to ML
[Update: Will post to ML after 10/11-14/05 conference]
76. Hien: post dumpstack routine that solves kallsyms_lookup PPC issue.
77. Frank: post prototype to do symbol lookup in the translator.
[Done: as part of bz #1332.]
83. Kevin: Post SystemTap documentation, mirror examples on website.
[Update: stap manpages mirrored on site, package requirement list
to come (see #86)]
86. Kevin: Compile list of known SystemTap package requirements to post to
[Update: internal review of list in progress]
89. Hien: Investigate new PPC64 stap symbol resolution mechanism.
90. Prasanna: Complete user-space probes (preferably RCU enhancement
compliant) design/implementation in time for face-2-face.
91. Elena: Investigate solutions to elfutils license situation.
96. Hien: Run the testsuite for PPC64 stap build and post results to ML.
[Done: posted 11/04/05]
97. Jim: Open a BZ for a feature request that would give the probe language
the ability to specify maxactive return probe instances.
[DONE 11/3/05: #1802]
Martin has replaced the Runtime Map API with an improved design. Graydon has
altered the translator accordingly to take advantage of the new API.
Masami has implemented an updated i386 Djprobes patch set, and is working on
an x86_64 port. He awaits review at the face-2-face before submitting to
Hien has submitted ppc64 runtime patches to the mailing list. The patch
on kallsyms, requests that kallsyms gets exported in RHEL kernels. He is
exploring other avenues for symbol lookup.
U3 updates were discussed.
Frank is concerned about kretprobe instabilities on particular functions
are known to be dangerous probe points (exec,etc). He requests some fresh
thinking on the matter, before a blacklist solution is accepted.