Machine Readable output formats?

Sourceware - binutils list mailing list
I have been using binutils for various datamining tasks for decades now....

...and it's always a sore point with me that the first step is always to
write a one-off custom somewhat kludgy parser to read the output format.

Is there any initiative afoot to producing machine readable output formats
such as csv or json or yaml or...?

My typical destination for these activities is either a ruby script or
sqlite.

Would the maintainers object to a pull requests that added such a feature
(probably easier than doing half baked parsers)?

What would the preferred output format be?

What would the preferred command line interface be (eg. Instead of the
usual bsd / posix / sysv ... options on --format= add --format=csv or
something?)

In my ideal  dream universe there would be a "convert everything elf and
dwarf knows about this large collection of files into a well designed
relational data model in a sqlite db" switch.

But that may be a step too far.

John Carter
Phone : (64)(3) 358 6639
Tait Electronics
PO Box 1645 Christchurch
New Zealand

--
This Communication is Confidential. We only send and receive email on the

basis of the terms set out at www.taitradio.com/email_disclaimer
<http://www.taitradio.com/email_disclaimer>

Re: Machine Readable output formats?

Sourceware - binutils list mailing list
Hi John,

> This Communication is Confidential. We only send and receive email on the
> basis of the terms set out at www.taitradio.com/email_disclaimer
> <http://www.taitradio.com/email_disclaimer>

I am sorry, but on the basis of this notice we are unable to answer your
questions.  This is a public mailing list for an open source project and
we do not accept confidential posts.

I appreciate that the text was probably added automatically by your work
email system, but that does not prevent it from affecting our response.

If you are able to repost your question without caveats then we will happy
to respond.

Cheers
  Nick