MMI without PHY

Privat
Hi im working
on getting a Ecos conrolled ECU to communicate with a counterpart,
using only the ethernet 302.ab  MMI layer of Ecos with no phy present.
So whats the plan?

The plan, is to provide the whole os with a stump, creating the happy
ilusion of a ever present connection.  Has anyone done this previously?
If so, can you hook me up with a link to a repo/sampleconfig, where this
was done?

Please keep in mind that im still reading into the ecos source...

Regards PicassoCT (florian seidl-schulz)

Re: MMI without PHY

Jerzy Dyrda-2
Hello Florian,
> Hi im working
> on getting a Ecos conrolled ECU to communicate with a counterpart,
> using only the ethernet 302.ab
You mean 802.3ab

>MII layer of Ecos with no phy present.
Without PHY? Would you like to connect to a counterpart with using MII bus?
Please remember about electrical constrains of the MII bus.

> So whats the plan?
>
> The plan, is to provide the whole os with a stump, creating the happy
> ilusion of a ever present connection.  Has anyone done this previously?
> If so, can you hook me up with a link to a repo/sampleconfig, where this
> was done?
>
> Please keep in mind that im still reading into the ecos source...
First of all which controller/processor do you plan to use?

Best regards,
jerzy

Re: MMI without PHY

Grant Edwards-6
On 2015-11-17, Privat <[hidden email]> wrote:

> on getting a Ecos conrolled ECU to communicate with a counterpart,
> using only the ethernet 302.ab MMI layer of Ecos with no phy present.
> So whats the plan?
>
> The plan, is to provide the whole os with a stump, creating the happy
> illusion of a ever present connection.  Has anyone done this
> previously?

Sure.  It's done all the time in embedded devices that include an
Ethernet switch.  One port on the switch has a "reverse" MII interface
that connects directly the the microcontroller's MII interface.

>If so, can you hook me up with a link to a repo/sampleconfig, where
>this was done?

Not really, all the examples I know of are proprietary.

Just take out whatever code you have that's trying to talk to a PHY,
then configure the microcontroller's MAC to 100M Full-Duplex (or
whatever you want for the link), and you're done.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Is my fallout shelter
                                  at               termite proof?