Lower Processor's speed.

Augusto Salazar
Hello all,

I am porting to a board that has a IXP425 processor
running at 266mhz, how do I setup the redboot that I
have for the grg board to go to that speed? GRG goes
at 533Mhz

Thanks in advance,

BR,
Augusto Salazar.

AUGUSTO SALAZAR
MIEMBRO DE PIRATAS TM (COL)
CEL: +57 315 7340134.

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com

Re: Lower Processor's speed.

Andrew Lunn-2
On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 09:38:53PM -0800, Augusto Salazar wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am porting to a board that has a IXP425 processor
> running at 266mhz, how do I setup the redboot that I
> have for the grg board to go to that speed? GRG goes
> at 533Mhz

What happens when you run Redboot? Maybe you need to do nothing?

        Andrew

Re: Lower Processor's speed.

Augusto Salazar

Hi Andrew,

Well, the problem is that nothing happens, I am
struggling to get to the root problem.

Reading more I think that the processor's speed in not
the problem since going at 266 MHz any configuration
of the registers would leave it at that speed.

I have one question,

where can I disable the PCI support?

Augusto

--- Andrew Lunn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 09:38:53PM -0800, Augusto
> Salazar wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I am porting to a board that has a IXP425
> processor
> > running at 266mhz, how do I setup the redboot that
> > have for the grg board to go to that speed? GRG
> goes
> > at 533Mhz
>
> What happens when you run Redboot? Maybe you need to
> do nothing?
>
>         Andrew

AUGUSTO SALAZAR
MIEMBRO DE PIRATAS TM (COL)
CEL: +57 315 7340134.

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com

Re: Lower Processor's speed.

Andrew Lunn-2
On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 03:18:22AM -0800, Augusto Salazar wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> Well, the problem is that nothing happens, I am
> struggling to get to the root problem.

Well the obvious thing is that the serial baud rate could be wrong. It
might be running, but your host simply does not receive the output on
the serial port because it is at the wrong speed. You might want to
check how it configures the serial port speed.

> Reading more I think that the processor's speed in not
> the problem since going at 266 MHz any configuration
> of the registers would leave it at that speed.

> where can I disable the PCI support?

Remove the IO_PCI package from your configuration.

        Andrew