Looking for a volunteer to spin the next binutils release

Looking for a volunteer to spin the next binutils release

Nick Clifton
Hi Guys,

  Would anyone like to volunteer to spin the next binutils release ?

  I have been unwell recently, and whilst I am recovering I do not
  really feel up to managing a release right now.  Plus I would
  really like to know if the notes in the binutils/README-how-to-
  make-a-release file are sufficient.  So - would anyone like to
  give it a go ?

Cheers
  Nick

Re: Looking for a volunteer to spin the next binutils release

Phil Blundell-3
On Mon, Aug 05, 2019 at 03:27:00PM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Would anyone like to volunteer to spin the next binutils release ?

I could have a go.  Apparently it's been 19 years since I last did
one... !

p.

Re: Looking for a volunteer to spin the next binutils release

Nick Clifton
Hi Phil,

> I could have a go.  Apparently it's been 19 years since I last did
> one... !

Fantastic - thanks very much.  Would you mind having a look over the
binutils/README-how-to-make-a-release file and let me know if you have
any questions.  If not, then would you like to post the advanced-warning-
of-a-new-release-branch email to the list.

Cheers
  Nick

Re: Looking for a volunteer to spin the next binutils release

Carlos O'Donell-6
On 8/6/19 11:22 AM, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
>> I could have a go.  Apparently it's been 19 years since I last did
>> one... !
>
> Fantastic - thanks very much.  Would you mind having a look over the
> binutils/README-how-to-make-a-release file and let me know if you have
> any questions.  If not, then would you like to post the advanced-warning-
> of-a-new-release-branch email to the list.

Just in case you want to crib anything from our release process we documented
it all here for glibc:

https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/

--
Cheers,