Linking assembled objects without the GCC toolchain possible?

Linking assembled objects without the GCC toolchain possible?

Mayuresh Kathe
I have been reading up on various web-pages about building full-blown
applications using just assembler.

Most show examples that hook into external libraries (usually C) and
tend to use the GCC toolchain for the process.

Is it possible to build applications using external libraries but only
with the tools provided by binutils?

Thank you,

~Mayuresh

Re: Linking assembled objects without the GCC toolchain possible?

marco atzeri-4
Am 28.12.2019 um 13:01 schrieb Mayuresh Kathe:

> I have been reading up on various web-pages about building full-blown
> applications using just assembler.
>
> Most show examples that hook into external libraries (usually C) and
> tend to use the GCC toolchain for the process.
>
> Is it possible to build applications using external libraries but only
> with the tools provided by binutils?
>
> Thank you,
>
> ~Mayuresh

use ld for linking your object files

NAME
        ld - The GNU linker

SYNOPSIS
        ld [options] objfile ...

DESCRIPTION
        ld combines a number of object and archive files, relocates
their data
        and ties up symbol references. Usually the last step in compiling a
        program is to run ld.