LGPL question

Brian Cole-4
There is a debate in our office about the LGPL. We ship all our
applications statically linked, but we are a commercial closed source
entity. Are we allowed to use a statically linked LGPL library like
pthreads-win32? Or are we forced to use it in a shared library
capacity?

Thanks,
Brian

Re: LGPL question

John Bossom

The license terms of the LGPL revert to GPL in the event that the
library is distributed in a static form. GPL is "viral" in nature,
compelling you to
release your own source as well.