Kawa REPL past evaluation results

Alcides Flores Pineda
Hello everybody!

I started using Kawa a few days ago, and after doing some work in the
REPL, I'd like to know if we have any shortcut/symbol/variable to get
the last evaluation results, ala *,**,*** in Common Lisp or like the
$1,$2,$3 binding in Guile (with the history module) or the ^,^^,^^^ in
Racket (with XREPL), or #1,#2,#3 in Chicken.

I've already been searching through the available documentation and
googling around and cannot find any clue about this.

Thanks a lot you for your help.
And thank you very much for creating Kawa!!

Greetings.

Alcides Flores.

Re: Kawa REPL past evaluation results

Charles Turner-4
Hi Alcides!

On 27 April 2012 03:41, Alcides Flores Pineda <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I started using Kawa a few days ago, and after doing some work in the
> REPL, I'd like to know if we have any shortcut/symbol/variable to get
> the last evaluation results, ala *,**,*** in Common Lisp or like the
> $1,$2,$3 binding in Guile (with the history module) or the ^,^^,^^^ in
> Racket (with XREPL), or #1,#2,#3 in Chicken.

To my knowledge, no such mechanism exists yet. I don't think it would
be difficult to implement in repl.java (or similar). I have a partial
solution in that I use the 'rlwrap' utility when working at the REPL,
this doesn't handle multiline forms, but it's better than nothing.

This sort of feature (a history mechanism) is one of many interface
improvements I'd like to make to Kawa, but I haven't managed to make
time for them yet.

Cordially,
Charlie.

Re: Kawa REPL past evaluation results

Alcides Flores Pineda
Hello Charlie!

Thank you very much for your kind response and your advice.
Im going to study the source code of kawa's REPL to see if I can help
with this.

Greetings.

Alcides.