Kawa IDE using LSP - preliminary support

Kawa IDE using LSP - preliminary support

Per Bothner
I've checked into master a first cut at a Language Server Protocol server for Kawa.
I've also munged an Emacs client library (based on the Java library).
You can get the latter from:
https://gitlab.com/kashell/lsp-kawa

That link also has instructions and a short status summary.

Feedback and improvements welcome.
        --Per Bothner

Re: Kawa IDE using LSP - preliminary support

Tom Bousso

> https://gitlab.com/kashell/lsp-kawa

This link doesn't seem to be working (is the project set to private maybe?)

On 04/13/2018 12:07 AM, Tom Bousso wrote:

>> https://gitlab.com/kashell/lsp-kawa
>

> This link doesn't seem to be working (is the project set to private maybe?)

Oops.  Hopefully fixed now.
        --Per Bothner

Building without LSP Re: Kawa IDE using LSP - preliminary support

Sudarshan S Chawathe
I have not tried the LSP features yet but I found that I could not build
Kawa (current GitLab sources) without the LSP dependencies even if I
gave configure the --without-lsp4j option.

It is very possible that I missed something obvious, though I did try a
few other similar new options as well as starting with 'make clean' and
so on.  The error messages seemed to arise from attempts at compiling
KawaLanguageServer.java.  Since I plan to try out LSP features soon in
any case, I just installed the missing dependencies and then the
compilation was fine as usual.

Regards,

-chaw

Re: Building without LSP Re: Kawa IDE using LSP - preliminary support

Per Bothner
On 04/15/2018 10:11 AM, Sudarshan S Chawathe wrote:
> I have not tried the LSP features yet but I found that I could not build
> Kawa (current GitLab sources) without the LSP dependencies even if I
> gave configure the --without-lsp4j option.

Oops.  Should work now.  Thanks for lettering me know.
        --Per Bothner

Re: Kawa IDE using LSP - now with CommonLisp and XQuery support

Per Bothner
On 04/12/2018 11:59 PM, Per Bothner wrote:
> I've checked into master a first cut at a Language Server Protocol server for Kawa.
> I've also munged an Emacs client library (based on the Java library).
> You can get the latter from:
> https://gitlab.com/kashell/lsp-kawa

I added support for other Kawa languages, specifically Common Lisp
and XQuery.  The latter required some tweaks to the parser to
record source end position of variable and function references,
to enable "go to definition".
--
        --Per Bothner