I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.

I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.

Carlos O'Donell-6
Community,

I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.

Florian is the original author of the support/ subsystem and continues to
be one of the major reviewers of the subsystem.

Florian's leadership in this area makes a great case for having him own
the subsystem and drive technical and process improvements as needed.

Any objections?

Cheers,
Carlos.

Re: I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.

Adhemerval Zanella-2

On 01/03/2019 00:22, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> Community,
>
> I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.
>
> Florian is the original author of the support/ subsystem and continues to
> be one of the major reviewers of the subsystem.
>
> Florian's leadership in this area makes a great case for having him own
> the subsystem and drive technical and process improvements as needed.
>
> Any objections?

LGTM.

Re: I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.

Siddhesh Poyarekar-8
On 01/03/19 8:52 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.
>
> Florian is the original author of the support/ subsystem and continues to
> be one of the major reviewers of the subsystem.
>
> Florian's leadership in this area makes a great case for having him own
> the subsystem and drive technical and process improvements as needed.
>
> Any objections?

WHAT?! NO! I OBJECT!!!

On a serious note, it might make sense to automatically consider authors
of subsystems as maintainers of that subsystem.

Siddhesh

PS: The objection was a joke in case that wasn't obvious.  Florian is
the best candidate to be the support/ subsystem maintainer IMO.

PPS: I'm taking myself off the maintainer list for nscd since I haven't
touchaed that code in almost 4 years.  I'll take up tunables
maintainership if nobody objects.

Re: I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.

Jonathan Nieder
Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> On 01/03/19 8:52 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

>> I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.
>>
>> Florian is the original author of the support/ subsystem and continues to
>> be one of the major reviewers of the subsystem.
>>
>> Florian's leadership in this area makes a great case for having him own
>> the subsystem and drive technical and process improvements as needed.
>>
>> Any objections?

No objection from me: he's been taking good care of that code.

[...]
> PPS: I'm taking myself off the maintainer list for nscd since I haven't
> touchaed that code in almost 4 years.  I'll take up tunables
> maintainership if nobody objects.

Sounds good to me.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Re: I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.

H.J. Lu-30
On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 8:46 AM Jonathan Nieder <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> > On 01/03/19 8:52 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>
> >> I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.
> >>
> >> Florian is the original author of the support/ subsystem and continues to
> >> be one of the major reviewers of the subsystem.
> >>
> >> Florian's leadership in this area makes a great case for having him own
> >> the subsystem and drive technical and process improvements as needed.
> >>
> >> Any objections?
>
> No objection from me: he's been taking good care of that code.
>
> [...]
> > PPS: I'm taking myself off the maintainer list for nscd since I haven't
> > touchaed that code in almost 4 years.  I'll take up tunables
> > maintainership if nobody objects.
>
> Sounds good to me.

Me too.  Appreciate it.

H.J.

Siddhesh as the tunables maintainer (was: Re: I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.)

Florian Weimer-5
* Siddhesh Poyarekar:

> PPS: I'm taking myself off the maintainer list for nscd since I haven't
> touchaed that code in almost 4 years.  I'll take up tunables
> maintainership if nobody objects.

Sounds fine, please update MAINTAINERS on the wiki.

Thanks,
Florian

On 3/1/19 11:43 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> PPS: I'm taking myself off the maintainer list for nscd since I haven't
> touchaed that code in almost 4 years.  I'll take up tunables
> maintainership if nobody objects.

No objection ;-)

As mentioned, please update MAINTAINERS.

c.

Re: Siddhesh as the tunables maintainer (was: Re: I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.)

H.J. Lu-30
On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 8:52 AM Florian Weimer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> * Siddhesh Poyarekar:
>
> > PPS: I'm taking myself off the maintainer list for nscd since I haven't
> > touchaed that code in almost 4 years.  I'll take up tunables
> > maintainership if nobody objects.
>
> Sounds fine, please update MAINTAINERS on the wiki.

Me too.

H.J.

Re: I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.

Joseph Myers
On Thu, 28 Feb 2019, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> Community,
>
> I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.

I support this nomination.

Joseph S. Myers

Re: I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.

DJ Delorie-2

I've been touching that code recently.  I'll take responsibility for it
(no, not asking for maintainership, just easing your conscience ;)

On 02/03/19 3:56 AM, DJ Delorie wrote:

> Siddhesh Poyarekar <[hidden email]> writes:
>> PPS: I'm taking myself off the maintainer list for nscd since I haven't
>> touchaed that code in almost 4 years.
>
> I've been touching that code recently.  I'll take responsibility for it
> (no, not asking for maintainership, just easing your conscience ;)

Yay, thanks!  Please add yourself as reviewer then :)

Siddhesh

Re: I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.

Rafal Luzynski
1.03.2019 04:22 Carlos O'Donell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Community,
>
> I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.
> [...]
> Any objections?

No objections for this nomination and neither for other nominations
mentioned in this thread, for what it's worth.  Good luck Florian,
Siddhesh, and DJ.

Regards,

Rafal

Re: I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.

Paul Eggert

Likewise. Thanks for volunteering.

Re: I nominate Florian Weimer for support/ subsystem maintainer.

DJ Delorie-2
Siddhesh Poyarekar <[hidden email]> writes:
> Yay, thanks!  Please add yourself as reviewer then :)

Done!  Enjoy the heavy sigh of relief ;-)

(also added myself to malloc, because... duh)