Help:selecting development board for ecos

Help:selecting development board for ecos

abhishek srivastava-6

Hi
i am a newbie who have successfully ported eCos on i386 and now looking for some development board to work on.......

I want to know that which development board would be good to explore most of ARM cortex M3/M4 processor using eCos as RTOS. my want to explore graphical LCD/TFT, GUI display on LCD, CAN, I2C, image processing applications and few more with this board. which board will suit best in this context so that i could use the same platform for most of my applications. Compatibility with eCos is must.

please share your personal experiences about various boards that you have use and which you finds good.

Thanks

Abhishek

Re: Help:selecting development board for ecos

Ilija Kocho [Илија Кочо]
Hi Abhishek

If you are looking for low cost development board you could consider
Kinetis K40 based Kwikstik, or some STM32 Discovery board. If you need
performance and graphics is important for you than you could check
Kinetis K70 TWR-K70F120M-KIT (though graphic controller is not supported
by eCos at present).

Please note that this is not an advice, but my view, based on personal
experience.
I hope this helps.

Ilija

On 22.02.2013 07:32, abhishek srivastava wrote:

> Hi
> i am a newbie who have successfully ported eCos on i386 and now looking for some development board to work on.......
>
> I want to know that which development board would be good to explore most of ARM cortex M3/M4 processor using eCos as RTOS. my want to explore graphical LCD/TFT, GUI display on LCD, CAN, I2C, image processing applications and few more with this board. which board will suit best in this context so that i could use the same platform for most of my applications. Compatibility with eCos is must.
>
> please share your personal experiences about various boards that you have use and which you finds good.
>

> Thanks
>

> Abhishek

Re: Help:selecting development board for ecos

Michael Jones
Abhishek,

Freescale has D4D GUI support for its LCD boards, and the code is available under their copyright. If nothing else, you can refer to the code to learn how the hardware works.

Mike