Glibc 2.3.90 Where can I find source?

Sourceware - libc-ports mailing list
Dear gentlemen,
I am writing to you with an educational-only issue. More like a hobby.
I would like to compile some code to use with familiar linux on a IPAQ h4300. I used  the kernel from ramdiskrescue and a distribution for hx4700 . Its the same processor so to speak, arm-pax. It works fairly good.

The glibc library installed by distribution familiar is glib 2.3.90.
The kernel is 2.6.16

Up until now I compiled a cross-compiler and compiled a @hello@ program. I linked this program statically with glib 2.10 that I also compiled.
In this case the kernel headers are from 2.6.21 that I downloaded from github or something, a merge of handhelds and hackndev.
I searched and I cannot find source for glibc2.3.90 source code.

So maybe someone out there can give me a hint.

Thank you very
Best regards
Jorge Serralheiro

Re: Glibc 2.3.90 Where can I find source?

Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho
j serralheiro via libc-ports <[hidden email]> writes:

> The glibc library installed by distribution familiar is glib 2.3.90.
> The kernel is 2.6.16
>
> Up until now I compiled a cross-compiler and compiled a @hello@ program. I linked this program statically with glib 2.10 that I also compiled.
> In this case the kernel headers are from 2.6.21 that I downloaded from github or something, a merge of handhelds and hackndev.
> I searched and I cannot find source for glibc2.3.90 source code.

As far as I know, glibc never had an official 2.3.90 release.  This version
seems to come from a Linux distribution.

Fedora uses the same version scheme, e.g.:
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/glibc.git/tag/?h=glibc-2_3_90-39

Tulio Magno

Re: Glibc 2.3.90 Where can I find source?

Carlos O'Donell-6
On 01/23/2017 08:33 AM, Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho wrote:

> j serralheiro via libc-ports <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> The glibc library installed by distribution familiar is glib 2.3.90.
>> The kernel is 2.6.16
>>
>> Up until now I compiled a cross-compiler and compiled a @hello@ program. I linked this program statically with glib 2.10 that I also compiled.
>> In this case the kernel headers are from 2.6.21 that I downloaded from github or something, a merge of handhelds and hackndev.
>> I searched and I cannot find source for glibc2.3.90 source code.
>
> As far as I know, glibc never had an official 2.3.90 release.  This version
> seems to come from a Linux distribution.
>
> Fedora uses the same version scheme, e.g.:
> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/glibc.git/tag/?h=glibc-2_3_90-39

Right.

And even then Fedora just follows upstream glibc's version for Rawhide (rolling
release).

There is no such thing as a 2.3.90 release, the ".90" denotes that the sources
came from the development branch _after_ glibc 2.3 was released.

So a version of 2.3.90 means that the sources where somewhere between 2.3 and
2.4 (before release).

--
Cheers,
Carlos.