GDB Port using QEMU and unique ISA symbol table question

GDB Port using QEMU and unique ISA symbol table question

AT&T

I recently finished a port of gdb-7.11 for an ISA we are emulating inside of QEMU. I am able to set break points using ‘break *05’ but stepi does not work as intended. Also, using beak without * results in a symbol-table error.  I am using the Tektronix tekhex BFD.

My question to all if you is: do I need to create a symbol table with a .hex extension or is this is QEMU problem?  If it’s none of the above, does anyone have any thoughts on the matter? Thanks.

Ian Burres
R&D Engineer