GDB 7.12.1 released!
Release 7.12.1 of GDB, the GNU Debugger, is now available via anonymous
FTP. GDB is a source-level debugger for Ada, C, C++, Objective-C,
Pascal and many other languages. GDB can target (i.e., debug programs
running on) more than a dozen different processor architectures, and GDB
itself can run on most popular GNU/Linux, Unix and Microsoft Windows
You can download GDB from the GNU FTP server in the directory:
The vital stats:
Size md5sum Name
19MiB 193453347ddced7acb6b1cd2ee8f2e4b gdb-7.12.1.tar.xz
35MiB 06c8f40521ed65fe36ebc2be29b56942 gdb-7.12.1.tar.gz
There is a web page for GDB at:
That page includes information about GDB mailing lists (an announcement
mailing list, developers discussion lists, etc.), details on how to
access GDB's source repository, locations for development snapshots,
preformatted documentation, and links to related information around
the net. We will put errata notes and host-specific tips for this release
on-line as any problems come up. All mailing lists archives are also
browsable via the web.
This version of GDB now builds with a C++ compiler by default.
It is still possible to build GDB with a C compiler by simply
configuring it with --disable-build-with-cxx. However, future
release will require a C++ compiler to build GDB.
GDB 7.12.1 brings the following fixes and enhancements over GDB 7.12:
* PR tdep/20682 (aarch64 regression: gdb.cp/nextoverthrow.exp)
* PR server/20733 (Failed to build aarch64_be-linux-gnu GDBserver)
* PR tdep/20953 (GDB crashes after "set architecture rl78")
* PR tdep/20954 (GDB crashes if "set architecture rx")
* PR tdep/20955 (GDB internal error in cris-tdep.c)
* PR build/20712 (gdb 7.12+ doesn't build as C++ on Solaris)
* PR breakpoint/20653 (string_to_explicit_location has some weird code)
* PR build/20753 (MinGW compilation errors due to strcasecmp)
* PR gdb/20977 (GDB exception handling is broken on i686-w64-mingw32)
* PR python/21048 (backtrace is broken on i686)
* PR sim/20808 (mips sim build fails due to undefined SD/CPU variables)
* PR sim/20809 (mips sim build fails for r3900 cpus)
* PR gdb/20939 (GDB aborts if there is an error in disassembly)
GDB 7.12 brings new features and improvements, including:
* New target support: Andes NDS32 (nds32*-*-elf)
* Rust: Debugging programs written in Rust is now supported.
* Fortran: Support structures with fields of dynamic types and
arrays of dynamic types.
* Various Python enhancements (new convenience functions,
enhanced support for breakpoints).
* Various GDBserver enhancements:
** btrace recording without maintaining an active GDB connection.
** tracepoints and fast tracepoints support added on s390-linux,
s390x-linux, powerpc64-linux, and powerpc64le-linux.
* Support for the following remote target protocols and ROM monitors
has been removed:
target m32rsdi Remote M32R debugging over SDI
target mips MIPS remote debugging protocol
target pmon PMON ROM monitor
target ddb NEC's DDB variant of PMON for Vr4300
target rockhopper NEC RockHopper variant of PMON
target lsi LSI variant of PMO
For a complete list and more details on each item, please see the
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|