GDB 7.10.1 released!
Release 7.10.1 of GDB, the GNU Debugger, is now available via anonymous
FTP. GDB is a source-level debugger for Ada, C, C++, Objective-C,
Pascal and many other languages. GDB can target (i.e., debug programs
running on) more than a dozen different processor architectures, and GDB
itself can run on most popular GNU/Linux, Unix and Microsoft Windows
You can download GDB from the GNU FTP server in the directory:
The vital stats:
Size md5sum Name
18MiB 39e654460c9cdd80200a29ac020cfe11 gdb-7.10.1.tar.xz
33MiB b93a2721393e5fa226375b42d567d90b gdb-7.10.1.tar.gz
There is a web page for GDB at:
That page includes information about GDB mailing lists (an announcement
mailing list, developers discussion lists, etc.), details on how to
access GDB's source repository, locations for development snapshots,
preformatted documentation, and links to related information around
the net. We will put errata notes and host-specific tips for this release
on-line as any problems come up. All mailing lists archives are also
browsable via the web.
GDB 7.10.1 brings the following fixes and enhancements over GDB 7.10:
* PR remote/18965 (new vforkdone stop reply should indicate parent
* PR gdb/18957 (build failure in linux-namespaces.c due to setns static
* PR gdb/19297 (Internal error on "record btrace": Unexpected branch
* PR c++/16957 (gdb segfaults when loading symbols in C++11-enabled
* PR c++/19306 (Incorrect demangling of symbols with ABI tags)
* PR c++/19307 (Demangler bugs found with fuzz-testing)
* PR c++/19308 (Demangle C++ Transactional Memory TS (N4514) symbols)
GDB 7.10 brings new targets, features and improvements, including:
* Improved support for accessing shared libraries directly from
the target system when debugging remotely.
* Various Guile and Python scripting improvements, including (but not
** Support for auto-loading Python/Guile scripts contained
in a special section named `.debug_gdb_scripts'.
** Support for writing a frame unwinder in Python.
* Support for record-replay and reverse debugging on Aarch64 Linux.
* GDB now has support for fork events on extended-remote Linux targets
(Linux kernels 2.5.60 and later).
* Support for DTrace USDT (Userland Static Defined Tracing) probes
on x86_64 GNU/Linux targets.
* Vector ABI support on S/390 GNU/Linux targets.
* GDB now reads the GDBHISTSIZE environment variable rather than
HISTSIZE to determine the size of GDB's command history.
* Support for setting the parity when connecting to the target
using a serial interface.
* It is now possible to limit the number of candidates to be
considered during completion.
* Support for Sun's version of the "stabs" debug file format
has been removed.
* Support for the following targets and native configurations has
** HP/PA running HP-UX (hppa*-*-hpux*)
** Itanium running HP-UX (ia64-*-hpux*)
Support for the "-xdb" command-line switch (HP-UX XDB compatibility
mode) has also been removed.
For a complete list and more details on each item, please see the
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|