February sourceware.org transition to new server!

February sourceware.org transition to new server!

Carlos O'Donell-6
Community,

The sourceware.org server will be transitioning to a new server over
the next 2-4 weeks. The new server will be CentOS 8-based with more
CPU and more RAM.

Please keep this in mind when planning out your work. Starting in 2
weeks time we might see some weekend outages as Frank Eigler and the
overseers team work out the bugs.

Thanks to Frank and all of overseers for their tireless efforts!

Cheers,
Carlos.

Re: February sourceware.org transition to new server!

Siddhesh Poyarekar-8
On 04/02/20 22:59, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> The sourceware.org server will be transitioning to a new server over
> the next 2-4 weeks. The new server will be CentOS 8-based with more
> CPU and more RAM.

Yay!

> Please keep this in mind when planning out your work. Starting in 2
> weeks time we might see some weekend outages as Frank Eigler and the
> overseers team work out the bugs.
>
> Thanks to Frank and all of overseers for their tireless efforts!

This is great because we can migrate patchwork over too once the
instance is ported to the latest.  So far on the osci server I have
managed to get the version bumped to patchwork v1.1 and django 8, but
the migration has not been clean (I'll need to redo but IIRC the process
is reliably repeatable) and I have been buried under other stuff.

I'll try and document the plan first so that I don't get in the way of
anyone else who may want to pitch in for the migration and may not want
to wait for me to find free time for this.

Siddhesh