Error in docbook2html if source catalog contains spaces.

Error in docbook2html if source catalog contains spaces.

Espen Carlsen
Thought you guys wanted to see this, as you're the one maintaining docbook-utils:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/docbook-utils/+bug/46716

The error in line 273 occurs if you have a your .docbook file is in a path that contains a space somewhere in the path and you run docbook2html from the .docbook source directory.
example:
/home/my test/docbook/ is the current directory and you have a test.docbook file in that folder.
Then while you're still in that folder, run docbook2html test.docbook

This generates the error in line 273.

Regards,
Espen Carlsen.

Re: Error in docbook2html if source catalog contains spaces.

ebischoff (Bugzilla)

Le 16 août 2010 à 13:41, Espen Carlsen a écrit :

> Thought you guys wanted to see this, as you're the one maintaining docbook-utils:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/docbook-utils/+bug/46716
>
> The error in line 273 occurs if you have a your .docbook file is in a path that contains a space somewhere in the path and you run docbook2html from the .docbook source directory.
> example:
> /home/my test/docbook/ is the current directory and you have a test.docbook file in that folder.
> Then while you're still in that folder, run docbook2html test.docbook
>
> This generates the error in line 273.

Probably missing quotes around the path...

Problem is : who currently maintains docbook-utils ? I don't know if I even still have an account, and on which site?

If no one show up, I can investigate and see if I can regain access, but it's been years i have not touched those files.

Best thing would be if someone could proclam himself/herself as the new maintainer.

SV: Error in docbook2html if source catalog contains spaces.

Espen Carlsen
> From: Eric Bischoff [[hidden email]]
> > Thought you guys wanted to see this, as you're the one maintaining docbook-utils:
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/docbook-utils/+bug/46716
> > The error in line 273 occurs if you have a your .docbook file is in a path that contains a space somewhere in the path and you run docbook2html from the .docbook source directory.
> > example:
> > /home/my test/docbook/ is the current directory and you have a test.docbook file in that folder.
> > Then while you're still in that folder, run docbook2html test.docbook
> > This generates the error in line 273.
> Probably missing quotes around the path...
> Problem is : who currently maintains docbook-utils ? I don't know if I even still have an account, and on which site?

When I searched around, I came up with:
http://sources.redhat.com/docbook-tools/
http://sourceware.org/docbook-tools/

Those looks like mirrors of eachother and the mailaddress at the bottom was the one I mailed.

> If no one show up, I can investigate and see if I can regain access, but it's been years i have not touched those files.
> Best thing would be if someone could proclam himself/herself as the new maintainer.

I think it looks like someone at redhat, though nothing has been changed in those scripts for some years, so it might be that it doesn't have a maintainer.

Regards,
Espen Carlsen.

Re: SV: Error in docbook2html if source catalog contains spaces.

ebischoff (Bugzilla)

> I think it looks like someone at redhat, though nothing has been changed in those scripts for some years, so it might be that it doesn't have a maintainer.

OK, I can take it again and apply your fix... but I don't even know anymore if i have write access, what's the address, and so on. :-(