Dependency Management

Vijay Mathew
 Hi,

How can I automate build and dependency-management for a Kawa project?
Is there something similar to Leiningen (https://leiningen.org/)?

Thanks,

Vijay

Re: Dependency Management

Alcides Flores Pineda
Hello Vijay:

As Per and Mikel pointed out in their talk

> Building and tooling
> --------------------
> * Most Clojure projects use the Leiningen tool
>   Leiningen can create, compile, test, run projects. It can fetch
>   dependencies Other powerful tools also available
>
> * Kawa lacks anything similar - _* but doesn't need it *_
>   kawa commmand is a simple wrapper for java -jar kawa.jar
>   For building use whatever tools you like: ant, make, gradle
>   For deploying use jar, zip, tar
>   Nothing new to learn

https://per.bothner.com/papers/JavaOne15/slides.pdf
https://per.bothner.com/papers/JavaOne15/slides.html#slide30

I do recommend reading the whole paper, its a great source of information.

Greetings.
--
Alcides Flores Pineda.

On Thu, 11 Jul 2019, Vijay Mathew wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How can I automate build and dependency-management for a Kawa project?
> Is there something similar to Leiningen (https://leiningen.org/)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Vijay

Re: Dependency Management

Per Bothner
On 7/11/19 2:54 AM, Vijay Mathew wrote:
>   Hi,
>
> How can I automate build and dependency-management for a Kawa project?
> Is there something similar to Leiningen (https://leiningen.org/)?

Kawa tries to be simple and un-opinionated when it comes to build tools.
You can use whatever tooling you'd use for Java: autotools/make, Ant, Grail ...
Kawa aims for natural defaults and an easy mapping between source files/directories
and modules.

This chapter in the manual may be helpful:
https://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/Importing.html
--
        --Per Bothner