Date for first GDB 6.4 pre-release?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Date for first GDB 6.4 pre-release?

Joel Brobecker
Hello,

My initial plan was to do a first 6.4 pre-release using sources
around Nov 15. But there's still a bit of activity in the branch,
in particular with dwarf2-related changes. So I'm wondering if I
should wait for, say, the 20th of November before making the first
pre-release.

Right now, the release is still scheduled for Dec 1st. If we follow
the previous patterns, I think we will need one or two pre-releases
before the release is actually made, and they should be made a week
apart.

I think it's fine if we wait for the 20th. Opinions?

--
Joel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Date for first GDB 6.4 pre-release?

Daniel Jacobowitz-2
On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 06:30:37PM -0800, Joel Brobecker wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My initial plan was to do a first 6.4 pre-release using sources
> around Nov 15. But there's still a bit of activity in the branch,
> in particular with dwarf2-related changes. So I'm wondering if I
> should wait for, say, the 20th of November before making the first
> pre-release.
>
> Right now, the release is still scheduled for Dec 1st. If we follow
> the previous patterns, I think we will need one or two pre-releases
> before the release is actually made, and they should be made a week
> apart.
>
> I think it's fine if we wait for the 20th. Opinions?

I think it's fine either if we do or don't; activity on the branch is
liable to stay at a pretty constant level until you tell us to stop ;-)

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC