Creating dynamic library linked statically to libc.so

Creating dynamic library linked statically to libc.so

Alex Kogan

Hello,

I am trying to create dynamic library, statically linked to libc.so.
I have compiled glibc package 2.3.5 for that purpose and the commands I use
are:

> gcc -m64 -c mylib.c
> gcc -m64 -shared -Wl,-Bsymbolic mylib.o -o mylib.so -static
~/glibc-build64/libc.a
I get the following error message:
      /usr/bin/ld: libfdprinst64.so: undefined versioned symbol name
siglongjmp@@GLIBC_2.3.4
      /usr/bin/ld: failed to set dynamic section sizes: Bad value
      collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I suspect that the problem is in the options I use.
Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex Kogan
IBM Research Labs