Configtool missing

Sridhar Sridhar
Hi am trying to install eCos latest version on my RedhatLinux9 with
2.4.20-8 laptop.
I have downloaded the "ecos-trunk-full.tar.bz2" from CVS weekly snapshot.
And did configure ,make and make install.
Am able to see ecosconfig but not configtool.
Am i missing any thing obviously??
Please let me know other options and steps involved.
Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Re: Configtool missing

Andrew Lunn-2
On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 04:55:57PM -0800, Sridhar Sridhar wrote:
> Hi am trying to install eCos latest version on my RedhatLinux9 with
> 2.4.20-8 laptop.
> I have downloaded the "ecos-trunk-full.tar.bz2" from CVS weekly snapshot.
> And did configure ,make and make install.
> Am able to see ecosconfig but not configtool.
> Am i missing any thing obviously??

The configtool is not easy to build, needs special ancient libraries
etc. So it is generally not built as part of the normal build.

You can download it from
http://www.ecoscentric.com/devzone/configtool.shtml

        Andrew

Re: Configtool missing

Andrew Lunn-2
On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 02:00:18PM +0100, Andrew Lunn wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 04:55:57PM -0800, Sridhar Sridhar wrote:
> > Hi am trying to install eCos latest version on my RedhatLinux9 with
> > 2.4.20-8 laptop.
> > I have downloaded the "ecos-trunk-full.tar.bz2" from CVS weekly snapshot.
> > And did configure ,make and make install.
> > Am able to see ecosconfig but not configtool.
> > Am i missing any thing obviously??
>
> The configtool is not easy to build, needs special ancient libraries
> etc. So it is generally not built as part of the normal build.
>
> You can download it from
> http://www.ecoscentric.com/devzone/configtool.shtml

Ups, I have to correct myself. This site only has the M$ version.

If you want to build it from source there are instructions
there. However it is not easy.

It should also be included in
ftp://ecos.sourceware.org/pub/ecos/releases/ecos-2.0/ecos-2.0.i386linux.tar.bz2

but that version is a little out of date and might have problems with
PTYs on some systems.

        Andrew

Re: Configtool missing

Ilija Kocho [Илија Кочо]
Hello

I have executed procedure for Linux build "Building for Linux/GTK+" at
http://www.ecoscentric.com/devzone/configtool.shtml

At last step "Build and install the eCos Configuration Tool" compilation
stopped with following error:

- error msg begin --------------------------------
In file included from
/opt/ecos_cvs/ecos/host//tools/ecostest/common/ResetAttributes.h:41,
                 from
/opt/ecos_cvs/ecos/host//tools/ecostest/common/eCosTest.h:55,
                 from
/opt/ecos_cvs/ecos/host//tools/configtool/standalone/wxwin/appsettings.h:53,
                 from
/opt/ecos_cvs/ecos/host//tools/configtool/standalone/wxwin/configtool.h:60,
                 from
/opt/ecos_cvs/ecos/host//tools/configtool/standalone/wxwin/ecpch.h:72,
                 from
/opt/ecos_cvs/ecos/host//tools/configtool/standalone/wxwin/aboutdlg.cpp:50:
/opt/ecos_cvs/ecos/host//tools/Utils/common/eCosSocket.h:177: error:
`static CeCosSocket::SSReadResult CeCosSocket::SSRead(CeCosSerial&,
CeCosSocket&, void*, unsigned int, unsigned int&, bool*)' is protected
/opt/ecos_cvs/ecos/host//tools/Utils/common/eCosSerial.h:53: error:
within this context
make: *** [/root/build/ecos-host/configtool/aboutdlg.o] Error 1

Is it an error in declaration so?
Best regards
Ilija