Building eCos.

kalibar6
Hi all,

I am trying to play a bit with eCos on STM32F4 Discovery board. I am
working under Ubuntu 12.04 (32bit). I know that in downloaded binaries
there is no support for this platform. I have to download source files from
CVS repository and compile them myself. OK. I have downloaded them:

cvs -z3 -d :pserver:[hidden email]:/cvs/ecos co -P ecos
cvs -z3 -d :pserver:[hidden email]:/cvs/ecos co -P host

System variable $ECOS_REPOSITORY has been set up to my downloaded files:
/home/kalbar/CVS_repo/ecos_host/packages

Now after multiple approaches I can't get this thing fully compiled and
installed. In main source folder I have created folder 'build' and run
configure script and make and install:

/home/kalbar/CVS_repo/ecos_host/configure
--prefix=/home/kalbar/CVS_repo/ecos_host/build --with-tcl=/usr/lib/tcl8.4
--with-tk=/usr/lib/tk8.4
make
sudo make install

Some files are getting compiled/build but not all of them. There is still
lack of GUI for eCos configuration and package for for my board does not
seem to build. I would really appreciate some help on this matter as I have
spend quite a lot of time on this and got stuck in dead end with no help
from README files nor google.

AW: [ECOS] Building eCos.

Richard Rauch
Hello,

you prefer to work with Linux development host?
I think, I could provide a solution under Windows, but not with Linux.

Best Regards

Richard
Richard Rauch
ITR GmbH Informationstechnologie Rauch
web:   http://www.itrgmbh.de

> -----Urspr├╝ngliche Nachricht-----

Re: Building eCos.

John Dallaway-2
Hi

Since you are new to eCos, I would suggest downloading the latest
snapshot build of the eCos Configuration Tool for Linux hosts. Ref:

  http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2011-02/msg00031.html

You might also download the arm-eabi test release toolchain. Ref:

  https://www.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2012-06/msg00047.html

In the eCos Configuration Tool, set the eCos repository location (Build
>> Repository) as follows:

  /home/kalbar/CVS_repo/ecos_host

(this is the folder containing the "packages" folder)

You should then see the eCos configuration tree.

Select the STM32F4-Discovery hardware template (Build >> Templates).

Select the location of your arm-eabi toolchain "bin" folder containing
arm-eabi-gcc (Tools >> Paths >> Build Tools).

You should then be able to build eCos.

I hope this helps...

John Dallaway
eCos maintainer
http://www.dallaway.org.uk/john

Re: Building eCos.

kalibar6
Wow! That was so easy and solved the problem. I still do not know why I could not compile the whole thing but it does not matter anymore.

Thanks John.