Building Centos 7.6 for ppc32 (on Centos 7.x, using crosstool-ng-1.23.0)

Building Centos 7.6 for ppc32 (on Centos 7.x, using crosstool-ng-1.23.0)

Philip Prindeville
Hi.

I’m looking for any guidance on setting up crosstool-ng for cross-compiling CentOS 7.6 for ppc32 (in this case, ppc_85xxDP and ppc_6xx, or ppc_e500v2).

Also related stuff that needs to be done to integrate into RPM and rpmbuild, such as setting up a platform definition, etc.

Are there any cookbooks or URL’s to walk a newbie through the process?  I work on a lot of embedded projects so I’m used to buildroot-based environments, but I’ve never had to set one up from scratch.

I’m aware that vendors haven’t been supporting PPC32 well, and GCC 8.x will be deprecating support, caveat emptor.

Thanks,

-Philip