[Backport][PR 23818] ELF: Hide symbols defined in discarded input sections

[Backport][PR 23818] ELF: Hide symbols defined in discarded input sections

Romain Geissler-2
Hi,

This is a request to backport PR 23818 fix made by HJ in
https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2018-10/msg00274.html and already
committed to trunk. The patch apply as is on branch 2.31, and I confirmed
it fixed my issue when building libss2 with -g -flto -ffat-lto-objects.

Cheers,
Romain

Re: [Backport][PR 23818] ELF: Hide symbols defined in discarded input sections

Nick Clifton
Hi Romain,

> This is a request to backport PR 23818 fix made by HJ in
> https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2018-10/msg00274.html and already
> committed to trunk. The patch apply as is on branch 2.31, and I confirmed
> it fixed my issue when building libss2 with -g -flto -ffat-lto-objects.

Done.

Cheers
  Nick