Any volunteers for keeping the DLX target

Any volunteers for keeping the DLX target

nkavv

Re: Any volunteers for keeping the DLX target

Nick Clifton
Hi Nikolaos,

> Until now I have used binutils from a user-only perspective. If nobody
> else (more experienced with CVS etc) volunteers, then I would like to
> maintain the DLX port.

We would love to have you on board.  If you do not already have CVS
access to the binutils repository, please fill out the form here:

   http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/pdw/ps_form.cgi

Then as your first job, please add yourself to the binutils/MAINTAINERS
file, submitting a copy of the patch to this list.

Cheers
   Nick

Re: Any volunteers for keeping the DLX target

Hans-Peter Nilsson-2
On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, Nick Clifton wrote:

> Hi Nikolaos,
>
> > Until now I have used binutils from a user-only perspective. If nobody
> > else (more experienced with CVS etc) volunteers, then I would like to
> > maintain the DLX port.
>
> We would love to have you on board.  If you do not already have CVS
> access to the binutils repository, please fill out the form here:
>
>    http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/pdw/ps_form.cgi
>
> Then as your first job, please add yourself to the binutils/MAINTAINERS
> file, submitting a copy of the patch to this list.

Are copyright papers on file with the FSF on behalf of mr.
Kavvadias?  I don't see any at a quick glance, but maybe this is
a special arrangement?

brgds, H-P

Re: Any volunteers for keeping the DLX target

Nick Clifton
Hi Hans-Peter,

> Are copyright papers on file with the FSF on behalf of mr.
> Kavvadias?  I don't see any at a quick glance, but maybe this is
> a special arrangement?

No - I slipped up. :-(

Nikolaos - before we can accept any further contributions from you, and
before you start to act as the DLX maintainer we need to have an FSF
copyright assignment in place.  Please could you fill out the attached
form and send it off to the FSF in order to start this process running ?

Cheers
   Nick

request-assign.future:

Please email the following information to [hidden email], and we
will send you the assignment form for your past and future changes.
Please use your full name as the subject line of the message.

[What is the name of the program or package you're contributing to?]

[Did you copy any files or text written by someone else in these changes?
Even if that material is free software, we need to know about it.]

[Do you have an employer who might have a basis to claim to own
your changes?  Do you attend a school which might make such a claim?]

[For the copyright registration, what country are you a citizen of?]

[What year were you born?]

[Please write your email address here.]

[Please write your snail address here.]

[Which files have you changed so far, and which new files have you written
so far?]

RDOS target

Leif Ekblad
I have previously posted the required changes to support RDOS. I am willing
to become a maintainer of RDOS, if this is required for the patches to be
applied.

Leif Ekblad
www.rdos.net/rdos

Re: RDOS target

Nick Clifton
Hi Leif,

> I have previously posted the required changes to support RDOS. I am willing
> to become a maintainer of RDOS, if this is required for the patches to be
> applied.

No, it is not necessary.  I was just slow in getting round to reviewing
your patch.

If RDOS support is going to require more than the few lines of change in
the patch you submitted then we might consider looking for a maintainer,
but if we went down that road it would require you signing an FSF
copyright disclaimer.

Cheers
   Nick