Adding systemd unit files for nscd

Allan McRae-3
I have noticed a number of Linux distributions starting to ship systemd
files for nscd.

To save each distribution having to generate/locate a copy of these
files, would it be acceptable to include them in glibc and take the
usual approach of having them installed when configuring the build with
--with-systemdsystemunitdir?

If so, I can review all the versions currently floating about and come
up with an appropriate version to include and do the necessary patching
of configure and Makefiles.

Allan

Re: Adding systemd unit files for nscd

Andreas Jaeger-8
On Thursday, June 14, 2012 16:39:21 Allan McRae wrote:

> I have noticed a number of Linux distributions starting to ship
> systemd files for nscd.
>
> To save each distribution having to generate/locate a copy of these
> files, would it be acceptable to include them in glibc and take the
> usual approach of having them installed when configuring the build
> with --with-systemdsystemunitdir?
>
> If so, I can review all the versions currently floating about and come
> up with an appropriate version to include and do the necessary
> patching of configure and Makefiles.

This would be fine for me, I'll send you the openSUSE nscd.service file
off-line,

Andreas

Re: Adding systemd unit files for nscd

Jeff Law
On 06/14/2012 12:39 AM, Allan McRae wrote:

> I have noticed a number of Linux distributions starting to ship systemd
> files for nscd.
>
> To save each distribution having to generate/locate a copy of these
> files, would it be acceptable to include them in glibc and take the
> usual approach of having them installed when configuring the build with
> --with-systemdsystemunitdir?
>
> If so, I can review all the versions currently floating about and come
> up with an appropriate version to include and do the necessary patching
> of configure and Makefiles.
Attached are the Fedora nscd.service & nscd.socket files for systemd.

jeff

nscd.service (470 bytes) Download Attachment
nscd.socket (141 bytes) Download Attachment