Adding license header for files to be ported form musl-libc

Adding license header for files to be ported form musl-libc

Sourceware - newlib list mailing list
Hello everyone,
I plan to port ftw.h header and its methods from musl-libc library but the
header file does not have a license header, instead they have a combined
copyright file and it is too large to add to the header. Is it possible to
add the copyright file as musl.license or similar and reference it in the
header.
Copyright file from musl :
https://git.musl-libc.org/cgit/musl/tree/COPYRIGHT
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://git.musl-libc.org/cgit/musl/tree/COPYRIGHT&sa=D&source=hangouts&ust=1592934259455000&usg=AFQjCNGD0yDy0Qv-CqIW1b18pi3jrB79JA>

Thanks
- Eshan

Re: Adding license header for files to be ported form musl-libc

Sourceware - newlib list mailing list
Hi Eshan,

Reading the license, I found the following clause:

In addition, permission is hereby granted for all public header files
(include/* and arch/*/bits/*) and crt files intended to be linked into
applications (crt/*, ldso/dlstart.c, and arch/*/crt_arch.h) to omit
the copyright notice and permission notice otherwise required by the
license, and to use these files without any requirement of
attribution. These files include substantial contributions from:

Bobby Bingham
John Spencer
Nicholas J. Kain
Rich Felker
Richard Pennington
Stefan Kristiansson
Szabolcs Nagy

all of whom have explicitly granted such permission.

IMO, we could include the MIT license which is separated by

-- Jeff J.