Accessing Redboot config FIS data within Linux

Accessing Redboot config FIS data within Linux

Qinghe Chang
Greetings,

I am trying to access the non-volatile Redboot config FIS area within Linux.
Anyone know the format of the configuration data? Is there a standard tool
out there that allows access  to the non-volatile 'RedBoot config' FIS area
within Linux using the MTD
device? Please help! Thanks a lot.

Thanks,
Ann

Re: Accessing Redboot config FIS data within Linux

Gary Thomas
On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 14:17 -0800, Qinghe Chang wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am trying to access the non-volatile Redboot config FIS area within Linux.
> Anyone know the format of the configuration data? Is there a standard tool
> out there that allows access  to the non-volatile 'RedBoot config' FIS area
> within Linux using the MTD
> device? Please help! Thanks a lot.

Sorry, but the only documentation on this is in the source files
themselves (I've never bothered to extract out the pertinent
functions).  The format is pretty simple, just a series of
tagged data with a header and checksum.