About .gnu.version section

ashwani raina
Hi

     I wanted to know whether various .gnu.version* sections in an elf
format are loadable or not under the default ABI on linux. If it is
then ->

1. How is the virtual address set in an elf  file in case of a shared
object because i am converting the windows library into shared object
(in execution view) so i want to know the actual procedure behind the
mapping of elf sections ?

2. What is the significance of loading these setions ?

--
regards
ashwani
---
It is by logic that we prove but by intuition that we discover.......

Re: About .gnu.version section

Ravi Ramaseshan
Hi,

On 2/5/06, ashwani raina <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2. What is the significance of loading these setions ?

Take a look at the following:
http://www.linuxbase.org/spec/refspecs/LSB_3.0.0/LSB-Core-generic/LSB-Core-generic/symversion.html

Hope that helps,

Cheers,
--
Ravi Ramaseshan
http://www.geocities.com/ramaseshan_ravi/

" Reality is only something we believe in strongly. "