ARM recent failures

Maciej W. Rozycki-3
Hi,

 FYI, I can see recent failures in `arm-aout' testing:

arm-aout  +FAIL: Two register form of data processing instruction with registershifted register operand
arm-aout  +FAIL: ARM V6T2 instructions
arm-aout  +FAIL: gas/arm/armv8_3-a-fp
arm-aout  +FAIL: gas/arm/armv8_3-a-simd

I haven't looked into details, i.e. whether these are regressions or new
test cases, which commit(s) introduced them.  Hope this helps anyway.

 NB I think Paul Brook and Mark Mitchell's ARM maintainer entries can be
considered stale as their CodeSourcery addresses have been defunct for
years now.  I'm not sure what our policy has been here -- with GCC, GDB or
GNU sim I think it would be natural to move people retired from project
contribution to the "Write After Approval" or "Past maintainers" section
as appropriate even without asking them, however regrettably we have
neither and plainly removing them would I think be rather rude.

  Maciej

Re: ARM recent failures

Nick Clifton
Hi Maciej,

>  FYI, I can see recent failures in `arm-aout' testing:

The arm-aout target is now obsolete, so we do not have to worry about these failures.

>  NB I think Paul Brook and Mark Mitchell's ARM maintainer entries can be
> considered stale as their CodeSourcery addresses have been defunct for
> years now.  I'm not sure what our policy has been here -- with GCC, GDB or
> GNU sim I think it would be natural to move people retired from project
> contribution to the "Write After Approval" or "Past maintainers" section
> as appropriate even without asking them, however regrettably we have
> neither and plainly removing them would I think be rather rude.

Agreed.  I will ping them and if I do not get a response by the end of the year
I will move to a Past Maintainers section.

Cheers
  Nick

Re: ARM recent failures

Nick Clifton
Hi Maciej,

>  NB I think Paul Brook and Mark Mitchell's ARM maintainer entries can be
> considered stale as their CodeSourcery addresses have been defunct for
> years now.

I managed to contact Mark Mitchell, and he is indeed no longer interested
in being an ARM maintainer.  So I have updated the MAINTAINERS file and
created a 'Past Maintainers' section with his name in it.

I am still waiting to hear back from Paul...

Cheers
  Nick

Re: ARM recent failures

Jeff Law
On 12/13/2016 04:21 AM, Nick Clifton wrote:

> Hi Maciej,
>
>>  NB I think Paul Brook and Mark Mitchell's ARM maintainer entries can be
>> considered stale as their CodeSourcery addresses have been defunct for
>> years now.
>
> I managed to contact Mark Mitchell, and he is indeed no longer interested
> in being an ARM maintainer.  So I have updated the MAINTAINERS file and
> created a 'Past Maintainers' section with his name in it.
>
> I am still waiting to hear back from Paul...
My recollection from a conversation with Mark long ago was that Paul is
no longer active in toolchain development.

jeff

Re: ARM recent failures

Nick Clifton
Hi Guys,

On 13/12/16 15:57, Jeff Law wrote:
> My recollection from a conversation with Mark long ago was that Paul is no longer active in toolchain development.

OK - I have checked in a patch to move Paul's name to the Past
Maintainers section.

Cheers
  Nick

binutils/ChangeLog

2017-01-06  Nick Clifton  <[hidden email]>

        * MAINTAINERS: Move Paul Brook to the Past Maintainers section.