AArch64 Maintainers

Marcus
Hi,

I’m conscious of the fact that my bandwidth to contribute to glibc is
now quite limited and that I am the only aarch64 maintainer.

Many of the aarch64 patches have been reviewed by Szabolcs on this
list and he has demonstrated consistently good judgement. He is well
placed with a good view of future trends in the ARM architecture
evolution.

I'd like to propose Szabolcs as an additional AArch64 maintainer.

/Marcus

Re: AArch64 Maintainers

Richard Earnshaw (lists)
On 23/03/17 09:33, Marcus Shawcroft wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’m conscious of the fact that my bandwidth to contribute to glibc is
> now quite limited and that I am the only aarch64 maintainer.
>
> Many of the aarch64 patches have been reviewed by Szabolcs on this
> list and he has demonstrated consistently good judgement. He is well
> placed with a good view of future trends in the ARM architecture
> evolution.
>
> I'd like to propose Szabolcs as an additional AArch64 maintainer.
>
> /Marcus

+1 from me.

R.

Re: AArch64 Maintainers

Siddhesh Poyarekar-8
On Thursday 23 March 2017 03:03 PM, Marcus Shawcroft wrote:
> I’m conscious of the fact that my bandwidth to contribute to glibc is
> now quite limited and that I am the only aarch64 maintainer.
>
> Many of the aarch64 patches have been reviewed by Szabolcs on this
> list and he has demonstrated consistently good judgement. He is well
> placed with a good view of future trends in the ARM architecture
> evolution.
>
> I'd like to propose Szabolcs as an additional AArch64 maintainer.

Thanks Marcus, I have added Szabolcs as a machine maintainer for aarch64
on the wiki page[1].

Siddhesh

[1] https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/MAINTAINERS

Re: AArch64 Maintainers

Carlos O'Donell-6
On 03/23/2017 06:44 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:

> On Thursday 23 March 2017 03:03 PM, Marcus Shawcroft wrote:
>> I’m conscious of the fact that my bandwidth to contribute to glibc is
>> now quite limited and that I am the only aarch64 maintainer.
>>
>> Many of the aarch64 patches have been reviewed by Szabolcs on this
>> list and he has demonstrated consistently good judgement. He is well
>> placed with a good view of future trends in the ARM architecture
>> evolution.
>>
>> I'd like to propose Szabolcs as an additional AArch64 maintainer.
>
> Thanks Marcus, I have added Szabolcs as a machine maintainer for aarch64
> on the wiki page[1].

I think that before we do that we should ask Szabolcs if he wishes to
accept that responsibility? :-)

I would be incredibly happy to see Szabolcs step up as AArch64 maintainer,
he has a proven track record of work on AArch64 and glibc.

Szabolcs, Are you interested in becoming the AArch64 maintainer?

Cheers,
Carlos.

Re: AArch64 Maintainers

Richard Earnshaw (lists)
On 23/03/17 11:04, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> On 03/23/2017 06:44 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
>> On Thursday 23 March 2017 03:03 PM, Marcus Shawcroft wrote:
>>> I’m conscious of the fact that my bandwidth to contribute to glibc is
>>> now quite limited and that I am the only aarch64 maintainer.
>>>
>>> Many of the aarch64 patches have been reviewed by Szabolcs on this
>>> list and he has demonstrated consistently good judgement. He is well
>>> placed with a good view of future trends in the ARM architecture
>>> evolution.
>>>
>>> I'd like to propose Szabolcs as an additional AArch64 maintainer.
>>
>> Thanks Marcus, I have added Szabolcs as a machine maintainer for aarch64
>> on the wiki page[1].
>
> I think that before we do that we should ask Szabolcs if he wishes to
> accept that responsibility? :-)
>
> I would be incredibly happy to see Szabolcs step up as AArch64 maintainer,
> he has a proven track record of work on AArch64 and glibc.
>
> Szabolcs, Are you interested in becoming the AArch64 maintainer?

I don't think Marcus was stepping down.  So 'an additional AArch64
maintainer'.

R.

Re: AArch64 Maintainers

Szabolcs Nagy-2
On 23/03/17 11:04, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> On 03/23/2017 06:44 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
>> On Thursday 23 March 2017 03:03 PM, Marcus Shawcroft wrote:
>>> I’m conscious of the fact that my bandwidth to contribute to glibc is
>>> now quite limited and that I am the only aarch64 maintainer.
>>>
>>> Many of the aarch64 patches have been reviewed by Szabolcs on this
>>> list and he has demonstrated consistently good judgement. He is well
>>> placed with a good view of future trends in the ARM architecture
>>> evolution.
>>>
>>> I'd like to propose Szabolcs as an additional AArch64 maintainer.
>>
>> Thanks Marcus, I have added Szabolcs as a machine maintainer for aarch64
>> on the wiki page[1].
>
> I think that before we do that we should ask Szabolcs if he wishes to
> accept that responsibility? :-)
>
> I would be incredibly happy to see Szabolcs step up as AArch64 maintainer,
> he has a proven track record of work on AArch64 and glibc.
>
> Szabolcs, Are you interested in becoming the AArch64 maintainer?

yes.
(Marcus asked me before his proposal)

thanks.

Re: AArch64 Maintainers

Carlos O'Donell-6
On 03/23/2017 09:38 AM, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:

> On 23/03/17 11:04, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

>>> Thanks Marcus, I have added Szabolcs as a machine maintainer for aarch64
>>> on the wiki page[1].
>>
>> I think that before we do that we should ask Szabolcs if he wishes to
>> accept that responsibility? :-)
>>
>> I would be incredibly happy to see Szabolcs step up as AArch64 maintainer,
>> he has a proven track record of work on AArch64 and glibc.
>>
>> Szabolcs, Are you interested in becoming the AArch64 maintainer?
>
> yes.
> (Marcus asked me before his proposal)

Awesome. Thank you for accepting. I look forward to your continued
contributions in this new role! :-)

--
Cheers,
Carlos.