2.9.0 release / win64 stability?

Mario Emmenlauer-3

Hi Developers,

thanks for the great project, it works fine for me (getting the
HDF5 library threadsafe on all platforms).

One question though, I could only make use of win64 using the
latest CVS snapshot, not the 2.8.0 release. I don't feel to good
about using a random snapshot, so I wanted to ask if there is a
roadmap for the 2.9.0 release?

On a side-note, the 2.8.0 release is quite dated now, and win64
becomes increasingly important, maybe now is a good time for a
new release? :-D Just an idea, (selfish, I admit)...

All the best, and keep up the good work,

    Mario

Re: 2.9.0 release / win64 stability?

Ross Johnson-2
Hi,

There's no experimental code in the current CVS head, just some bug
fixes. Apart from a moment of weakness where I committed a patch without
testing (recently fixed), I generally don't  commit untested changes.
So, if it builds for you and passes all the tests, what comes out of CVS
head at the moment should be stable.

Of course, these could be "famous last words".

And yes, in relation to 2.9.0, I should just do it. I'm still looking at
the recent join issue but spare time is in short supply just now.

Ross